State of Arizona
Important Reminders (Posted 11/16/2016)
• The State Employee Charitable Campaign ends November 18. To make your donation or for additional campaign details, click here.
• The Annual Flu Vaccine Program ends December 31. For more information about the Benefit Options Wellness flu vaccine program, click here.
• Excess Annual Leave must be used on or before January 13, 2017. Excess annual leave is subject to forfeiture; for more information about excess leave, see the Employee News Story posted during September (scroll down on this page) and log on to YES to view the “Excess Annual Leave” notice, including instructions on how to find your annual leave balance information.
State Employee Charitable Campaign – October 4 - November 18
Did you know that as a state employee you can donate to charity through a payroll deduction? With more than 500 local, state and global charities to choose from, you can make an impact with just $2 per paycheck! Last year, nearly $750,000 was donated by state employees to make our communities and world a better place. How can you help? To make your donation or for additional campaign details visit http://secc.az.gov/
Password Reset (Updated and re-posted 9/2016)
In April 2016, HRIS implemented new security requirements for passwords and a password reset self-service feature. If you are unable to login to HRIS, MAP or YES, please reset your password here.
Annual Leave Usage (Posted 9/2016)
Excess Annual Leave is Subject to Forfeiture
Employees are expected to manage and use their annual leave throughout the year to ensure any excess annual leave is used by the end of the year. For agencies, boards and commissions under the State Personnel System, the maximum number of annual leave hours an employee may carry over into a new calendar year is 320 hours for uncovered employees and 240 hours for covered employees. Any hours in excess of the maximum carryover limits are subject to forfeiture. It is important that employees be aware of their annual leave balances through the remainder of the year and schedule leave with their supervisor, so that impacts on end of year coverage will be minimal and carryover exception requests are reduced significantly. There should not be any expectation that unused excess leave will be approved for carryover, even if it has been in the past. Employees and managers can monitor annual leave balances by logging on to YES and clicking on Leave Activity.
Flu Vaccine Program – September 6 - December 31 (Posted 9/2016)
The Benefit Options Wellness Annual Flu Vaccine Program began on September 6 and runs through December 31, 2016. State of Arizona employees and Benefit Options members (retirees, spouses and dependents ages 4 and older) can receive a FREE flu shot through the Benefit Options Flu Shot Program. For a clinic near you, visit the worksite or the public clinic schedule.
• Worksite clinics are available at select worksites throughout the state until November 15, 2016
• Public flu clinics are available at designated locations until December 30, 2016
Click here for more information about the program, including eligibility, what to bring, FAQs and CDC information.
Cyber Safety Awareness
YES is the State’s Web Based Portal that allows you as an employee the ability to view and maintain your employee data. This system can be accessed anywhere an internet connection exists – from a home computer, laptop or public computers at the library. The State of Arizona takes many precautions to ensure the data stored in YES is guarded against attacks from hackers and cyber criminals. It is your responsibility outside of the workplace to ensure the computers you are using to access YES are protected from such attacks as well. Cyber criminals employ tools such as Keyloggers which monitor the keys typed in and can easily retrieve User IDs, passwords and other information a user may not wish others to know about. Click here to learn how you can reduce your chances of falling victim to such attacks.